Mega Million Numbers January 6, 2023: Mega Millions jackpot lottery grows to $1.1 billion after no winners were picked on Friday
#Mega #Million #Numbers #January #Mega #Millions #jackpot #lottery #grows #billion #winners #picked #Friday Welcome to Alaska Green Light Blog, here is the new story we have for you today:
The Mega Millions jackpot has risen to an estimated $1.1 billion after nobody won big in Friday night’s drawing.
Friday’s grand prize was valued at $940 million, with a $486 million cash option.
The numbers drawn on Friday night were: 3-20-46-59-63 and Mega Ball: 13
The whopping $1.1 billion jackpot is the third largest lottery win in US history. This prize will be up for grabs in Tuesday night’s drawing.
Friday night’s $940 million jackpot was the largest since a $2.04 billion Powerball prize was won in California on Nov. 8. No winner has yet been announced for this record-breaking payout.
There have been 23 consecutive draws without a big winner.
The cash option would pay out $568.7 million.
“In over 20 years since the game began in 2002, there have only been three jackpots bigger than Friday’s estimated prize,” according to a Mega Millions press release.
Tuesday’s drawing offered an estimated jackpot of $785 million, or a cash option of $403.8 million, and contained nearly 3 million winning tickets for prizes ranging from $2 million to $4 million, according to the lottery. Six tickets matched the first five numbers to win the lottery’s second-highest prize of $1 million each
Tuesday’s $1.1 billion jackpot would be the fifth largest jackpot of any lottery game in US history.
The last Mega Millions jackpot was won in October, and the number of winning tickets at all prize tiers has been growing across the country, the lottery said.
Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands.
‘It’s ridiculous’: Residents in 5 states without lotteries feel Powerball envy
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 each, and players have the option to add the Megaplier for an additional $1 for a chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
Mega Millions draws take place every Tuesday and Friday.
The 10 Largest Mega Millions, Powerball Jackpots Won in US Lottery History
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022 (1 ticket from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three lots from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket from South Carolina)
4. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
5. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket from Michigan)
6. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
7. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
8. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
9. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)
10. $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
The CNN Wire contributed to this report.
Copyright © 2023 WLS-TV. All rights reserved.