Mega Millions lottery jackpot of $940 million for winning numbers drawn tonight
#Mega #Millions #lottery #jackpot #million #winning #numbers #drawn #tonight Welcome to Alaska Green Light Blog, here is the new story we have for you today:
The Mega Millions jackpot is nearly $1 billion for Friday’s drawing.
The grand prize is now $940 million, with a $483.5 million cash option.
Tuesday’s drawing offered an estimated jackpot of $785 million, or a $403.8 million cash option.
The winning numbers for Tuesday’s draw were: 25-29-33-41-44 and Mega Ball: 18
The lottery said no winning ticket matching all six numbers was sold.
There have been 23 consecutive draws without a big winner.
Friday’s grand prize of an estimated $940 million could be the sixth-biggest jackpot of any lottery game in US history and fourth-biggest in Mega Millions history.
Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia and the US Virgin Islands.
Mega Millions tickets cost $2 each, and players have the option to add the Megaplier for an additional $1 for a chance to multiply non-jackpot prizes.
Mega Millions draws take place every Tuesday and Friday.
The 10 Largest Mega Millions, Powerball Jackpots Won in US Lottery History
1. $2.04 billion, Powerball, November 7, 2022 (1 ticket from California)
2. $1.586 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three lots from California, Florida, Tennessee)
3. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket from South Carolina)
4. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
5. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
6. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket from Wisconsin)
7. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket from Massachusetts)
8. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket from Maryland)
9. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket from California)
10. $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
Copyright © 2023 KGO-TV. All rights reserved.